The Weasel Stone: Home of my Warhammer Beastmen Army

Folloow my journey as I begin a Beastmen 8th Edition Army

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Beastmen Gor: Color

Although the plan was to add color next, I noticed I had ivory colored paint. I had been trying to figure out what color to paint the horns.

That is a theme you might notice. Sometimes I have a very specific color palette I want to work with. Other times I just sort of pick a color, look it over, pick another color...that is what I am doing here. I started with light brown for the flesh, added dark brown for the legs, the black hooves and certain weapons picked themselves, I like the reflective silver so more blades...the paint is largely picking itself.

There are still certain trouble spots. I do not know what to do with the hair yet. The horn color was another. I have thought about going orange or red with the hair just to add some color to all the earth tones.

So the ivory felt like a stroke of genius. Not yellow in a garish way,, but still "lightening" the overall look. Not just a splash or two of color will really pop.

Now I think the look is really starting to come together. There are still some coverage issues, but the planned wash/dry-brushing should clear a lot of that up. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment