The Weasel Stone: Home of my Warhammer Beastmen Army

Folloow my journey as I begin a Beastmen 8th Edition Army

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Beastmen: More color

The above picture is a repost of my work to this point. This is a unit that is troubled. It has coverage issues and is pretty dull. These are sort of the reasons I am not fond of water. In oil I would almost be done with this unit at this point. Here I still have lots of work to do.

Their loin-cloths are kind of my best shot at color. They will not dominate the look but will definitely offer a counter-point to the overall drab look.

For the longest time I was leaning towards some sort of blue. My Warriors of Chaos are based around black and shades of red...red, purple, orange, anything in that color range. So going red would sort of be too close to that.

But..I did not have a blue water base paint. I did have a red. So I went with it.
Usually I do not really like the blood and gore. But in this case it adds a bit of color and makes them look more like a unit worthy of the Primal Fury rule. It sort of works here I think.

That little bit of color...I absolutely love it. Suddenly the unit turned from a drab, colorless affair to something with a hint of excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment