The Weasel Stone: Home of my Warhammer Beastmen Army

Folloow my journey as I begin a Beastmen 8th Edition Army

Monday, March 14, 2011

Paint prep

So here is a picture showing the models more or less completely painted. Not sure how well it shows up in the picture, though clicking on them should expand them to show more detail.

I did a lot of shading, some highlighting. About the only thing I did not do is a wash or outlining.  I like the way they turned out. Lack of tools was the biggest issue. I did not have a brush small enough to do eyes or even to do their lips properly. I will purchase one before starting on the Beastmen.

Of course, the classic water paint problem...dull models...crept into the picture. But by dipping them in polyurethane gloss, I got the sheen I like which is below.
So now I have a unit I really like the look of. I plan to let them dry overnight and base them with the same light green sand I used for the Wood Elf army.

So all in all, I think this project was a huge success. If it went wrong, no harm done. Some Night Goblins I do not really need have poor paint jobs.

If it succeeded...which it did...then I have a sharp-looking unit, have done the prep-work to figure out how to work on the Beastmen models. So now I have a unit of Gor sitting on my paint table to start work on. I will try to post work in progress pics. We will see how long I maintain this level of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment