The Weasel Stone: Home of my Warhammer Beastmen Army

Folloow my journey as I begin a Beastmen 8th Edition Army

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Painting the Gor; the Wash

So here is the unit as it stood. I still wanted another color splotch somewhere. But it has to make sense.

Typically I would co with copper or gold for their wristbands etc. But these are mostly leather in appearance.

I like the look. There is a reason you see red and green together a lot at Christmas. Because they look good together. And with brown as my base, it is neutral enough that whatever colors I choose will complement the base so long as they complement each other.

I did briefly consider individualizing the models with varying shades of green but ultimately I struck a balance between speed, convenience, and making them all look like part of the same unit.

Now it was time to try and fix some of the coverage issues. I have never done a wash before.

So I read up on it a bit and gave it a shot. At first I was not going to do it on my unit champion, but then...well...I did.

So now the skin is darkening a bit. We will see if I like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment