The Weasel Stone: Home of my Warhammer Beastmen Army

Folloow my journey as I begin a Beastmen 8th Edition Army

Monday, March 28, 2011

Gor Herd Coat 7

 One of my themes with this army will be champions. As a general rule there is no model set apart and clearly identifiable as a unit champion. Even if I assemble one that way, in the middle of a unit he hardly stands out enough.

Even I lose track of which model is my champion, so to make it easy on myself I just always put my units in the same order on the field: Standard Bearer, Musician and Champion next to each other. No model is specifically the champion because he looks different, he is the champion because he stands next to the standard.

For this army, I am changing that up. The plan is for elite units and unit champions to be albinos.

So above you can see I have put silver on the weapon blades, on some belt buckles, etc.

Now I am putting wood coloring on the staffs, weapon handles, etc. Next up: bring on some color.

That is one thing I am noticing. This unit is looking dark and brooding with little color. It is all earth tones. So yeah, next up...time to bring the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment