The Weasel Stone: Home of my Warhammer Beastmen Army

Folloow my journey as I begin a Beastmen 8th Edition Army

Saturday, March 19, 2011

List strategy

I have mentioned previously that the Bad Dice podcast where they interviewed Mark Wildman was the basis for my inspiration.

I absolutely love magic, though traditionally it has been...let us be polite and say ineffective. I routinely out-spend the opponent by 4-1 or more margins in points on magic but get dominated in the magic phase anyway.

Well, with the Herdstone/Bray-Shaman spam I should be in good shape to have plenty of magic dice to buff the units.

However, one key difference between the type of list he runs and mine is I plan a big block of Minotaurs and probably no Bestigors.

It also helps that this will never be a tournament army barring the unforeseen, so I can play at whatever points level I want.

My current want is to play high enough to allow 6ish Minotaurs, a Doombull, a Gorebull, and still have a Great Bray-Shaman and 3 or 4 level 1a.

So I will be well into the 3k point range.

That is one place the Beastmen have a vast advantage over other armies. Whereas my Warriors of Chaos have little to no Core choices I want to play, needing instead primarily space for Specials (max possible numbers of Knights), the High Elfs I want to populate my list with special choices (Dragon Princes, White Lions, Swordmasters), and so forth, the Beastmen list revolves around its core.

I do like the steadfast core Gor idea. I like the idea of Primal Fury/extra hand weapon attack-generating hordes boosted with the occasional Beastlord or Wargor, with just a few Minotaurs from any other part of the list.

I might even drop in a chariot or three since they are core.

So oddly, my plan with the Beastmen is to play BIGGER games.

Which someone runs counter to my idea of getting the army painted to a higher-than-usual for me standard before I play them.

On the bright side, that will give them time to bring out the Ghorgon model...

No comments:

Post a Comment