The Weasel Stone: Home of my Warhammer Beastmen Army

Folloow my journey as I begin a Beastmen 8th Edition Army

Friday, March 18, 2011

The first coat(s)

Starting a painting project is always difficult for me. I go back and forth about what color scheme to use, how in-depth to go...and worse yet, I develop an intense desire to play a game of Warhammer. Typically with the unit I am painting.




However, as you can see there is one Minotaur (non-GW, I should point out...and painted about 8 years ago for no apparent reason) and one unit painted...and that unit was not painted by me, though it IS painted to a higher standard than I suspect I will attain.

Be that as it may, the plan is to not play the Beastmen army until I have them painted and ready to go. So I selected one unit that I am not even sure what is. I think it is Ungor.

The Minions are Watching

I decided to block in their chest colors. The plan is to do several shadings of deepening colors of brown...yeah, I know, it is backwards...but what are you going to do.

I did notice the unfortunate fact that them being assembled makes certain sections very hard to reach with even the tiniest brush. Good to know, I will not assemble the ones in the battalion until they are painted.

At first I was getting a bit frustrated as I almost immediately began encountering the same coverage problems that had me using oils instead of water-based for so many years. But knowing I would be putting more coats on, I found a way to ignore that issue and completed the first coat. Not great looking yet...but not supposed to be, either, so no big deal.    


                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment