The Weasel Stone: Home of my Warhammer Beastmen Army

Folloow my journey as I begin a Beastmen 8th Edition Army

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bestigor color swatch

Funny thing is, the above models are apparently already beyond "tabletop standard". They have four colors; base brown, black, red, silver and green.

Thing is...I am just getting started. I am nowhere near happy with how they look either up close, nor from eye-level distance when painting them.

A quick wash to darken them and they look a bit better.

I also note the white does a poor job of covering over the silver. I actually have a couple shades of white, so I might just try to pick that up on a dry-brush type thing to provide some shading. We will see.

I like how they are coming along. The biggest problem I have is with "just" 10 models, they paint up so quickly I am tempted to immediately start the next color instead of letting that one dry.

Batches of 15 - 16 models seem to be about the right size to paint in one go, but that does not really work since my units are typically in increments of five.

This, of course, might point to an issue with my list building. There is little reason to use 5 except it being a prime number and me liking that for a multiple.

We will see if I change my mindset as the project proceeds and I start playing the list a bit more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment