The Weasel Stone: Home of my Warhammer Beastmen Army

Folloow my journey as I begin a Beastmen 8th Edition Army

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Starting unit two

 I think I am pretty happy with how my first unit came out. Not top shelf painting by 'Eavy metal or Golden Demon standards, but in my eyes very decent for tabletop standard.

I know my washes, shadings, and drybrushing can use some work but that is kind of the idea of going to water based. To work on those areas.

So for my second unit, I am going with these guys.



I am not real sure what they are. They seem to have halberds, so it is possible they are supposed to be Bestigors. They are pretty old-school. Might even be some defunct unit such as Pestigors. Not sure.

Regardless, the plan is to again go with shades of brown as my base coats, red and green to provide some color, and see what happens.



As is my plan, the champion will be an albino. At this stage I am really liking the coverage I am getting. Counter-intuitively, this probably means I am not thinning the paint enough. The best painters seem to recommend taking several coats to complete a color.

One of my real weaknesses as a painter is I am not patient. I do not want to do multiple coats. I want to do a color once, be done, and finish the task as quickly as possible.

However, I am trying to do a better job on my Beastmen army, so that is something to watch in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment