The Weasel Stone: Home of my Warhammer Beastmen Army

Folloow my journey as I begin a Beastmen 8th Edition Army

Saturday, April 2, 2011

First unit completed

 It is always a little intimidating to me to look at a new unit to paint. I have to come up with a color scheme, come up with motivation, and find the time to paint.

As to process proceeds, however, it gets easier as color starts to bring the model...well, not to life,per se, but to a point where I think it looks pretty good for my talent level. Those words "for my talent level" are pretty key. I will never be a "Golden Demon" level painter. I have neither the patience, inclination, nor steady hand to do that. But what I can do is produce units I like the look of on the field.


Unfortunately, I have never really cared for dull or matte finishes. So I took the shortcut...I dipped them in gloss varnish.
Funny thing is...they look better to the naked eye (to me) than they do in this photo. Still, click on the picture, expand it and enjoy my first completed Beastmen unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment