The Weasel Stone: Home of my Warhammer Beastmen Army

Folloow my journey as I begin a Beastmen 8th Edition Army

Friday, April 1, 2011

The end is in sight

 From here on, most of it is washes, dry-brushes, and attempts to fix blown coverage. Part of the issue is this is all an experiment. I am not sure how to work it so when it is done it will look the way I want.
Some of them, like the left-most front row model, have light streaks I do not like. Others, like the right most model in the pic above somehow still have bare plastic showing.
 In the picture above, I had just done the lips using the smallest brush I have purchased. I also touched up things such as the symbol on the belt of the standard bearer. By this time I have done the rivets and so forth, though I still find a few later that do not pass muster.
In the picture above, I finally found a color to do all the miscellaneous wraps, thongs, etc in. It is a lighter green and done to break up the blocky browns a bit more. One thing i should point out. Early on i found a pattern where all the models fit together and have been sticking with it.

The plan is to build two movement trays for them. As they take casualties during the game I will move them from  the tray they are on to a duplicate one. this way I will always have them in the correct order and post-game picking up will essentially be done.

That is a major thing for me since that is part of the hobby I do not care for, the setting up and taking down of fields, units, etc.

For a final bit of color, I used orange for their hair-ties, and on the flag. I also free-hand drew a skull on the banner. No apparent reason...I just thought it "fit" the overall look. Just two steps left.
I spent a great deal of time thinking about how to base them. I considered the black sand/silver rock look of my Warriors of Chaos. I also considered doing black rock with cotton swabs for snow. In fact, even as late as driving home this evening, that was the plan.

It was derailed because traffic was brutal and I did not feel like stopping at the Dollar Tree. So I thought about some combination...maybe not even basing them tonight. But I am anxious to see how they look when finished.

I have really liked the look of the last couple green bases I have done and lots of players do the whole snow thing so I elected to go green. I like the look. Now to see if dipping them makes them look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment