The Weasel Stone: Home of my Warhammer Beastmen Army

Folloow my journey as I begin a Beastmen 8th Edition Army

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Continuing unit 2

I am taking fewer photos. Partially that is because I am doing a bit more with dry brushes and washes trying for a look of individuality without blending.

The Dwarf slayer army is known for having orange hair. I thought it would be funny to steal that idea so decided to slap some orange hair on these guys.

 I really like it for several reasons. First, it is yet another counterpoint to the brown earth-tones. Second, it sets of a different part of the models. I now have color high, a block of brown, then another splash of color so it ties the model together and acts more like highlights than color blocks on their own.

Next I wanted to offset their weapon handles a bit. I painted those, then did a pseudo-wash of the light, almost neon greens to deepen them a bit.
I think the look is really coming together. It was time for another bit of red. Again I splashed some on the weapons as if this group has already been fighting with some success.
I made a random decision the champion should be more successful, so I even gave him a bloody fist with a drop on his hoof as if he was dealing out punishment that led to splatters.

I finished with a wash, then a dry brush on their hair to add some reddish tinge to the orange, to break up the uniform look. I think their loin-cloths are starting to show some definition that will not fool anyone into thinking I am a great painter but is definitely superior to past efforts.

Things are coming together. Almost done with this unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment