The Weasel Stone: Home of my Warhammer Beastmen Army

Folloow my journey as I begin a Beastmen 8th Edition Army

Monday, April 11, 2011

Bestigors Work

I want to stick with the basic color scheme I have developed. Varying shades of browns for their fir and skin, red hues for most clothing, a couple dashes of green for color and off we go.

As normal, I plan to make my champion albino. For some inexplicable reason I did not do this and instead base coated all them in brown.

Having learned from my efforts on the out-of-print Beastmen models (thank you Herdstone for the identification assistance), I elected to put some color on quickly. So next up is a splash of red.

For some bizarre reason my camera stopped flashing, so the pics are not exceptionally good. Actually, they are pretty bad...but they do highlight something I like which is the heavy dose of color the red brings. It really does a nice job in my opinion of meshing with the rather neutral and drab browns.

I am actually starting to like the 'feel" of the look I put together which is very nice since it kind of came about by accident.

I am not big on figuring out exactly what I am going to do on any given model. Generally I just look at it and think, "brown fur, red cloth, white on teeth, etc and dab in silver for weapons and copper on knick-knacks:. Then stuff I did not think about crops up.

Like belts, pouches, hanging tooth-totems, weapon handles, etc. And before I know it I have dripped on...well, I have 25 open bottles of water-based paint. before I started painting the Beastmen I did not even OWN water based paint...so I guess you know how many colors or at least shades of colors I am putting on the models, though in somewhat a haphazard fashion.

Case in point; I am already planning to do a wash/highlight on these figures in multiple shades of both brown and red. I am running I think 5 shades of brown and three of red. 2 of white, Several off-white/yellows.

But I would be better off if I spent a few minutes figuring out what each model SHOULD look like when I am done before I start instead of painting a color, looking at the unit, deciding in almost a random fashion what color to do next and applying it. We will see if I can develop more patience and planning skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment